Acquisition of Personal Data
Here, please find the details on the cases in which we acquire customers’ data.
Personal data that is acquired
Status of Service Use
- Purchase history when products are purchased in LY Corporation’s shopping service
- Location information of the device that is acquired to transmit information and coupons that are highly relevant to the customer’s location such as through the LINE official account (the customers’ location information will not be provided to the LINE official account operator (excluding LY Corporation))
Only if the settings of the customer’s device are set so that location information can be sent to LY Corporation.
Information regarding apps, browsers, and devices
- "IP addresses" sent in relation to accessing LY Corporation’s webpage
- Information such as the type or language settings of devices including smartphones and PCs that are used when using LY Corporation’s services or the date and time an app is launched
*1 “Services” means all services including products, apps, services, and websites, provided by LY Corporation. Furthermore, the Services include services, products, advertisements, and contents for partners*2 and for customers other than the customer themselves.
*2 “Partner” means a group company (which means a subsidiary or affiliate of LY Corporation, and the definition includes subsidiaries and affiliates located outside of Japan, in accordance with the “Regulation on Terminology, Forms, and Preparation Methods of Financial Statements” of Japan) and information provider, advertiser, ad distributor, and other partner.
The best example of this case is when LY Corporation provides services in collaboration with third parties in order to provide more convenient and attractive services to our customers. In these collaborations, there are times when coordination of information is needed with these third parties, and LY Corporation receives information from these third parties for this purpose. (Whether or not information is coordinated or the details of information to be coordinated differ by individual service coordination.)
When receiving personal information from third parties, LY Corporation conducts appropriate measures such as complying with laws and regulations.
Announcement on external transmissions of user information
Typical examples are as follows:
- Communication app LINE
- Subject data: chat history
- Subject online storage: iCloud, Google Drive